We love Kings of Leon

Friday, November 18, 2011

Kings of Leon at Rod Laver Arena ,Melbourne, Vic, Australia on Nov 16, 2011 (setlist, news, video)

Well I can see through all the video's on youtube that this was a crowd that knew all of kol's songs! I told my wife this would be a great show to go to as I have a lot of friends on the internet that live near Melbourne,Australia or are going to the show! This is probably where I would go if I had a chance to go to Australia! I heard from a lot of fans that could not believe this band ever had problems this year as they played like the rock stars they have become, though they do not like to be labeled as such!


 I noticed that all their stage equipment was with them as well and after the few stripped down shows in Canada, that is a great sight to see! I went to google maps to see Rod Layer Arena so I could get a better feel for where the boys from Kings of Leon would be playing and it looked to be a big arena! I also noticed a stadium close to this one that was even bigger! Seeing that stadium made me wonder if Caled and the boys were able to watch a real a real game of football called rugby! Since they love college football and their  Oklahoma Sooners! Maybe they even meet some of the big time players and got to see the huge stadium! Of course they might even have had some of the players watching their show! haha makes ya wonder! They did get this picture! Nathan has said he loves to golf and has been in a contest or two! Jared must have been off somewhere planking!! haha or I guess the new thing now is Tebowing!  What will they think of next?




Tweeted by Nathan: “Handsomeville population 4. Boomer Sooner” | Caleb, Nacho, Nathan and Chris | President’s Cup, Melbourne (17 Nov 11)


Lead singer Caleb Followill admitted he had been quaking in his boots five years ago when the US rock group played the arena, supporting Pearl Jam.


"I don't think I've ever been so terrified as I was then waiting to come on," he told the crowd. "But I'm not afraid any more."

The Use Somebody band have been living it up in Melbourne.

After catching up with Joe and Tony Hachem after the show, they ended up back at Crown playing poker until late.

I don't know about you all but I would have loved to run into them at the Crown while they were playing poker! I do have a few friends that did run into them at a bar in Indianapolis, Indiana back in 09. I guess the boys were down stairs in this bar so my friends didn't get to hang out or anything but the boys were really nice to them and they even got a picture with each of them! 
 Even though we spent the day with them during the filming of 'Back Down South' we were not able to get any pics with the band or anyone else! We did get to take plenty of pictures of them and tons of video as that was what we were told to do, when they gave us all the kodak playsport camera's!

Thanks to a few awesome fans who took the time to actually take video, we can now enjoy that moment in time! I love to live through the video's of shows I have not been able to attend. Here is one from a youtube user who's channel is called DBJ190. Thank you dbj190 for posting!  We all know it is hard to stop rocking  at a kol show and it is even harder to hold still while filming so what you took was pretty good!


Everyone seems to be really having a blast and I can only imagine what it was like to be there! One day we will hopefully get to join in on the Australian side and rock from down under!

I love how all of the fans (in this next video) sing along with Caleb! I have been to shows where the majority of the people only knew 2 songs and if you are reading this then I probably don't have to tell you which ones! haha Here is another video of  'Revelry' 

And if these songs weren't enough they actually played one of my favorites ....Fans !
I was so jealous of these fans when I saw the setlist as they didn't play this at our last show and I was really thinking they would do to all of the old songs they had been playing! I think this is a little look at what we might expect at our shows coming up in their next tour. But like I have been saying for awhile now...I believe they will be taking the 6 months off to get back into the studio and record more! Though I think they will take next summer 2012 and actually do the make-up tour for us guys here in the US! I think we will hear some of their new songs then but I don't think it will get released till the end of the year or possibly 2013. But we will all just have to wait and see! Here is the fan video of 'Fans'


And here is the setlist ! Sorry I do not have the time to flip it or I would! maybe later!
I hope the fans enjoyed this set because I know I would have loved it!



Well all in all I think the fans were treated to a great show! When Kings of Leon returns it should be with some new songs and a tuely refreshed attitude. I just hope we have the money to be able to visit all the shows we would have this year with our tour pass! I am hoping for a new job or to win the lottery! Until then I will just have to work at the job I have and hope for a miracle.



sglued618951

No comments:

Post a Comment